It’s time to look back on the previous month and all the fun we have had and to share some important messages and announcements you should know. In other words, it is newsletter time!
October was a busy month for us all, RL and on the board. I will start off with what brought some excitement all through the member-base and that’s the great voting race! Despite us not offering anything besides more posting love and respect to our members, you guys came together and clicked us on top of the Topsites. Well done, it was wonderful to see everyone so hyped about this! While the rush is over, we appreciate any further clicking and reviewing of our board by our members and others, in the future as well.
As I mentioned in the previous newsletter, the signing up for the Halloween event continued in October as well until on 31st, SR finally revealed it and it is a good one! Everyone got a secret identity for their characters and a scene-buddy to play out the spooky story of our very alternate universe Halloween season. There are dangerous, almost apocalyptic(har har, see what I did there?) creatures running around in this separate timeline and so far the event is a huge success! Please feel free to check out the scenes so far in our timeline topic and the event topic. Remember there are prizes to be had and monsters to kill and we’re not resting till the world is safe again! Or till the boogiemen finally take over.
We also have some people taking part of the widely known writing event of NaNoWriMo which means their goal is to write 50 thousand words during the month of November. I wish you all the best and know you can do it so have fun with it, folks!
Last but not least at all, the time lords have tinkered with the IC time again and we have moved onto the next period, which is the autumn-winter of 1758. So new scenes should be put into the months of 10th, 11th and 12th of 1758. Of course, the older scenes can and should still be finished so don’t panic if you’re not quite caught up yet. Nothing gets locked and put away simply for being in the older time-zone.
To wrap up the general IC events that happened in October, I will use the great and effective bullet point method!
- The tensions between the Weyr and Hold increase as the Weyrleader squeezes them for the delayed tithes – not something a new Hold can really uphold just yet, and the Hold’s heir continues his nonconstructive criticism of the Weyr, not winning any popularity contests there.
- New Searchriders are sought – it is known that the Weyrwoman has been interviewing possible new additions among Enkala’s blueriders but also greenriders! What’s next, brownrider Searchriders? We shall see!
- Old records clearly indicate that Golds rise more often during the Pass so now, every set of bronzer and ambitious brownrider eyes are fixed on Enkala’s Queen Talmeth, willing her to rise and bring Weyrleadership to yet another man. Or has G'tien perhaps won the Weyrwoman over well enough during his term to have her sway the odds in his and his dragons’ favour? All will be soon revealed.
- Fourth Clutch! It must be lucky and the Golden Egg MUST be in this one. Surely it is time or even past the time for Enkala to have a second Gold! Rumour says that even if Talmeth spawns a much revered Gold Egg this time around, negotiations with a few other Weyrs are being finalized and possibly another mature Gold getting transferred to the struggling Weyr. How would that work? Whatever the case, more dragons are greatly needed for each Thread Flight picks at the ranks of the Weyr’s fighting Wings.
- On the bright side, the older Weyrlings are just about ready to graduate and the younger class has been growing and developing with a steady, quick pace. No longer tiny versions of their grown-up brethren, the dragonets from the Third Clutch simply must grow up faster than ever before.
Well, that’s it for now. Remember to swing by the forum and take part of the Halloween event and of course, the regular timeline as well. We are in need of bronzeriders and greenriders but also Holders, Crafters and really, anything you can think of that fits the Pernese scene. There is an awesome Wanted Characters list.
Look forward to seeing you on Winds of Fury!